Find some FAQ about the college...
Liaison College will provide you with the training you need to launch your career in as little as three months.
Start by learning more about our specialized Diploma Programs.
Industry professionals may qualify for practical exemption. If you are exempt from the practical portion of in-school training, you are still required to complete the 100 hour theory component. Your training will enable you to challenge the Red Seal provincial exam (if you have enough working hours to qualify).
Students who do not have Grade 12 or equivalent, may be asked to complete an qualifying test that has been approved by the Superintendent
Ontario Grade 12 or equivalent, or Pass a qualifying test that has been approved by the Superintendent. For Students enrolling in post graduate diploma programs we require Successful completion of bachelor’s degree in Ontario or Equivalent.
Liaison College is sensitive to your needs. Our courses are conveniently scheduled around your timetable. Life doesn’t have to be placed on hold because you’ve decided to train for a career. Our classes are held in the morning or afternoon, Monday to Friday. Evening and weekend classes may also be available.
The caring, professional instructors of Liaison College are all professionals with many years of experience in their relevant fields. Their practical experience and skill provide you with the best instruction available anywhere.
Their commitment to excellence and dedicated delivery of our programs gives you the advantage and confidence you need to launch your career.
Most post-secondary schools will require to pay your school fees in advance of attending classes or before completion of the program. Liaison College understands that this may not always be feasible, so we have created options for you to finance your school fees. Please speak to the Admissions Department at your local Campus to learn more about our payment plans which may include the following:
- Payments can be made by Interac Debit, Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Cash or Cheque.
- Monthly Payment plans to fit your budget, that allows fees to paid directly from your bank account.
- RESP – Funds saved through a Registered Education Savings Plan for the purposes of your child’s education.
- RRSP – The Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP) offered through the Government of Canada can allow you to borrow from your RRSP for the purposes of furthering your education.
- The cost of education is an investment in your future. All Liaison College registered programs are eligible for a T2202 receipt for income tax purposes.
Second Career Eligible: Liaison College locations are registered with Service Ontario and are approved for Second Career Strategy funding. The admissions office at the campus location can provide you with assistance in obtaining the information you need to process an application.
First Nations Funding: Native Students may be eligible for funding through their First Nation. The admissions office at the campus can assist you with a referral.
Other Funding: Liaison College has worked with insurance claims, employer training program incentives, private education funding groups and many more. The admissions office is available to provide you with assistance.
There are many resources available to help you decide about your career training. We believe that after you visit the following websites, you’ll be satisfied that Liaison College with its outstanding reputation and great contacts, is the right choice for you.
- The Career Colleges Ontario has information on Colleges and other relevant resources.
- Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program explains what is required to gain Red Seal approval as a cook or baker.
- The Canadian Government provides analyses of the job prospects for Chefs, Cooks, Bakers.
- The Ontario Essential Skills Profile describes essential skills and work habits that are important for work, learning and life.